Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday's (01-24-11) Thankful List

Can I just say that I had a major case of the Mondays today? Not even I hate all things Monday, I just couldn't get motivated to do anything. Nothing work related, nothing on my personal to do list, just nothing. I sat in a meeting for almost two hours and I think that zapped everything that I had. After that it was all down hill and the meeting ended before noon. Yikes. But despite all of that, I am grateful and here are a few reasons why: 

  1. Today, I am grateful that God has not given up on me. He's allowed me to grow in ways that I couldn't imagine. Growing up from someone who always has to have the last word, to someone who doesn't always need to argue. Speak your peace, listen and move on. 
  2. Today, I am thankful for true friends (or in some cases, true friendship moments). True friendship, I believe is one of God's greatest gifts and when you have people who will speak from their heart, honestly and truthfully, you can't really be mad at what they say, even if you don't agree. 
  3. Today, I'm thankful that I had dinner with my girl. Although it threw a wrench in my after work plans, it was good time well spent. 
  4. Today, I can say that I am grateful for the struggles that I have gone through, whether they were a result of me not listening, me not seeing, me not believing or just me being me. They all have helped shape me into the person I am. Even better they help me to help others become better versions of who they could really be. I try really hard not to say I told you so to people because I know it doesn't help the situation. I just tell my own story and hope that you can learn from it. (God is really working on me. That ties into yesterday's sermon at church. Aww snap *snap*)
  5. Last but not least, today I'm grateful for another day that I'm not a member of the DDS and/or DMS. I think that this time with my parents, I am learning to be a lot more rational with them, being able to walk away from them when they aren't being rational and to not take their behavior personally. I'm glad I'm learning these things now versus later. 
Thank you Lord, for these small moments that make a big impact in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment