Sunday, January 23, 2011

Five Things I am Grateful/Thankful for (01-22-11)

Can I just say, I couldn't wait until it was time to blog. I had a helluva a day. Blog time means it's also almost bedtime which means, whatever happened the day before doesn't have any impact on the day I will have when I wake up and believe me I had a day today. I want to blog about it, you wanna hear (read) it, here it goes. 
  1. Today, I am thankful that I received a phone call from my brother today. I hadn't really talked to him in some time and for him to provide some real insight was completely amazing . I do miss him and talking to him was more helpful than he could ever realize. 
  2. Today, I am thankful for tears, because they are more cleansing than anything. They may look hideous when they fall, but their beauty is far beyond comprehension. 
  3. Today, I am truly grateful for my California living. Today it was in the mid 60s in the middle of January. While most people I know are complaining about snow, ice and whatever - we got SUNSHINE!
  4. Today, I am grateful for friends and family who say what they need to say and listen when they need to listen but do both (in most cases) with YOUR best interests in mind. No one likes to see you sad, hurt or mad. The truth of the matter is that you don't like feeling that way anyway. 
  5. Today, like days before, I am grateful for another day that I am not a member of the DDS and/DMS. Until my dad comes home, I will say this probably everyday. 
  6. **BONUS** I am soooooooooooo grateful that a situation is being removed from my life. Definitely not what or how I wanted things to happen but I know that God's already working my situation out for me and I will trust Him to do so. He doesn't make mistakes and He gives you what you need and not what you want. And for THAT I am grateful. 
Thank you Lord for keeping me safe from harm and safe from myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment