Tuesday, December 16, 2008

People Are Amazing

People never cease to amaze me. What also keeps me giggling is the fickleness of men and the naivety of women. I am moved to talk about this because of something that happened today. Part of the reason I am in a funk and moved to somewhat drastic measures is because of some silly boy.

This post began on 12/15...since then there have been additional developments.

So our relationship was full of shots and sexual tension but then we fell out over a BIG misunderstanding and an even bigger assumption. We know what happens when you assume...blah blah blah. We hadn't talked in a while and part of that was because I had just about written him off...he's too flaky for me. So then recently we've been moving back to how things had been in the past but at least on my end, it was kinda fake. That's my mistake, I'll own that. I should have just kept it where it was and been done with it. That way there's no confusion about what is or isn't. So yesterday it was almost like the good ole times. Like we hadn't just fallen out two weeks before.

Insert new development here...

I get a phone call this morning asking for a favor. I told him that it wouldn't be a good look. He asked me if we're cool. I said not really. I was pretty rude to him. I was so rude that I felt the need to call him back and apologize. The call back resulted in another disagreement, two long text messages and a long email.

At this point in time, I've decided to just let it go. It's not worth fighting about, it's not worth holding anything against. No grudges, no hurt feelings...just let that $hit ride.

People are still amazing but it's about how WE deal with people which is more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment