Monday, January 12, 2009

My Soul Revealed - Lesson #2 - Hold it! The Hold Back Factor

I've been gone a little while...my bad. Just trying to get my thoughts together (sorta) and just been in the mix I guess trying to figure it out. I think this'll help.

What doubts do you struggle with?

I struggle with self doubt. I am an amazing woman, but I don't believe it everyday. But it's a good thing that I have faith in something other than myself.

Explain significant past hurts, misunderstandings and grudges that you feel are holding you back.

Past hurts in relationships hold me back from going to get the healthy intimate relationship, I deserve. The same thing can be said about misunderstandings. Grudges are a little different because I don't think I hold grudges. I remember but I also forgive. I can't say the same for others (those of you in Bristol or have been to Bristol). Having a reoccurring broken heart holds me back from trusting and loving. I'm getting there. I actually want to be there.

What past hurt do you believe is your greatest barrier?

Relationships. Two of the relationships that I had in undergrad have had a tremendous impact on my relationships with men. I forgive them and I believe now is a good time for me to try this REAL relationship thing. I believe I'm ready.

What is the most vulnerable part of your life?

I am very gullible and trusting. I don't guard my heart too tough. Subsequently, because of that I fall victim to having it played with and broken.

What could someone do to make you able to talk about your concerns, anger, weaknesses, pain and struggles?

Someone would really just have to ask and really listen. The problem is that people have so much going on in their lives that they don't really have time to deal with others issues all the time. There are some people who can deal with some issues, some of the time. No one can really deal with them all the time.

Who do you believe has disappointed you or told you a negative story about yourself in your lifetime?

Lots of people, close and distant, have disappointed me. Too many to name...

Is there a relationship that you believe should be mended?

There are some relationships that should be mended. Will they be mended depends on the other person. I am open and willing but it takes two.

No comments:

Post a Comment