Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hump Day Gratefulness (Feb. 2)

So yesterday (2/1) I didn’t really get a chance to blog because the internet is down at my house and there was a lot to be grateful and thankful for yesterday. I just hope that my memory doesn’t betray me. Anyway, on to Hump Day (Feb. 2) Gratefulness.
  1. Today, I’m grateful that I was able to give some money to some students today. It wasn’t much but I know what it’s like to be a student and not have any money. Even though they work in my office and will get paid next week, I was happy to put some money in their hands. $5 is big money to a student and if it isn’t, the gesture certainly is.
  2. Today, I’m thankful for Bible Study and this morning’s meditation reading. God is working on me and I am excited for what’s to come. There’s a part of me that just wants to see the finished product, but I have to go through the process, just like everything else.
  3. Today, I’m grateful for knowledge. I never claim to be the smartest but I do want to be around people who can help me to work smarter and not always harder. My good friend Richard, essentially got me to use my Blackberry as a Flash drive. I don’t always agree with everything that he says and that’s totally okay in friendships. You can totally agree to disagree. But sometimes, in relationships and friendships, you have to hear what you don’t want to hear. The challenge is receiving the message for what it is and not killing the messenger. If there’s some truth to it, take THAT and run with it. You don’t necessarily have to hold on to how the message was delivered. I’ve gotten distracted which means I really need to blog about my feelings on friendship. The point I think I was trying to make was that is that despite some of the things that Richard said that I may or may not have agreed with, I did learn something from him today and THAT is important.
  4. Today, I’m thankful that I didn’t have a technology fail. I thought I was going to have to go to the Sprint store because my phone locked up during the reboot process last night. Worried that I would completely oversleep, I actually woke up at 6am. No cell phone alarm and no iPod backup, which is actually a little discouraging. I guess I’m actually more thankful that I did have a technology fail and that I am able to function without some of the technology that I have grown so accustomed to. Maybe one day, I’ll do a technology free week. I’ll use my house phone to contact people, won’t use my laptop, write handwritten letters, you know things like that. We’ll see.
  5. Today, I’m grateful for one more day that I’m not a member of the DDS and/or DMS. For some reason my dad was worried about things that had nothing to do with him. I wish him a good recovery. There is only so much of this I can truly understand. It’s challenging and demanding on a lot of people. I understand things from my mom’s perspective to an extent but it’s still very challenging. One day soon, there will be a break in the action. It would be nice for my dad to be home to watch the Super Bowl. We’ll see….

That’s all I really have for tonight (and I was able to finish this blog before midnight). Thank you Lord, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment