Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In This Moment

I had gotten away from blogging tonight because I started farting around on FB, but then I got a text message from one of my dear friends from high school saying that she just lost her baby. I am devastated right now. I am a believer that things happen for a reason and that some time that reason isn't seen or known. Believing and being comforted in the moment are two different things. When you are confronted with the inevitable, believing is what will get you through in the long run, but you will still need to be comforted in the moment. This moment, there is nothing that I can say or do that can help her with her pain. The unexpected loss of a child, there is nothing a friend can say in the moment to comfort a grieving mother. Believing that she will see her son again doesn't change anything that she is feeling in this moment. Part of the reason why this touches me so, is because I've been there, I've seen it, I've felt it and I know that there's nothing that can be done to help in this moment. Losing a child is something I wouldn't wish on anyone no matter what they had done to me. A part of you dies when that happens and there is nothing that can be said or done to change that. Even having another baby, doesn't mean that you forget about this one. I am so sad in this moment. But I will continue to pray and believe that this moment will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment