Monday, August 31, 2009

My Soul Revealed - Lesson #6 Spritual Awakening

Describe how you have stepped out on faith.
Leaving my job at Coach, at my beginning of the economic crisis was an example of me stepping out on faith. That little bit of money I got weekly, helped make ends meet as I was getting paid monthly. I left a situation where I was comfortable and moved into a situation where I was uncomfortable but knew that I was still kept by God. Even though the money's a little funny these days, I know that God is still in control.
How do you look at your life?
There are many times when I frustrated with how my life is going. But I am getting more comfortable with the notion that my life is the way it's supposed to be. If I was supposed to have the things I get caught up looking at, I believe that the Lord would have given them to me. (It's funny that as I'm writing about my life, Live Your Life - T.I. and Rihanna comes on - MESSAGE!)
Do you pray?
Not nearly as often as I should. 
Do you have a spiritual relationship with God? 
I do. 
Describe how your faith has been easily wavered or increased over time. Give details. 
One time when my faith wavered is probably when I lost my job at ESPN and then lost my job at the City of Oakland. I felt like God shut me out of my dream or at least what I wanted. My faith continues to increase when I think about how far my father has made it, even as he struggles with his health. Many of men have died, while my father lives. You can't make me doubt my God. 
Do you call on God only when there is a crisis or do you have an ongoing relationship with God?
I do seem to call on God more when there is a crisis but I do  have an ongoing relationship with God. I feel God's presence in my life and in my heart. I should talk to God more often.


When you're in the middle of a crisis are you able to surrender to God?
I believe that I am. 
Have you faced a health crisis and if so, how were you able to work through it?
I've had a couple. The only way that I could get through it, is to trust that the Lord will bring me through. 
What gifts do you believe God has given you? 
The gift of caring. I am a very caring person. I have a good way with words, and I think I communicate pretty well. I also have the gift of devotion. Until you do me wrong, and sometimes after, I will be devoted to you through thick and thin.
How do you plan to have your gifts work to help your fellow sisters?
If you call on me, I will be there to support you. Give you words to help encourage you through your storm and sometimes not saying anything and letting you get your words out to help you with that release. 


What would you like to bring closure to? What are you most grateful for?
I would like to bring closure to those relationships that were damaging to me. Intimate relationships and friendships have beaten me up pretty bad. But those same relationships that beat me up taught me valuable lessons about other people as well as myself. I'm grateful for that and the ability to forgive.
Revelations Revealed:
Dream big, embrace your challenges, use the power of prayer...
 "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE"
 When you get to the moment of realization that you are brilliant, gorgeous, talented and absolutely unequivocally fabulous, YOU ARE AWAKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment